Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Welcome



Welcome students!

It's a new year and here we are back at CP.   Here we are, together again!  Friends, faculty, new principals... etc...    And if you're reading this, it means you have what it takes to do excellent in my class and to persevere in life.   Why?  Because you took initiative.

Really, the tools for success in life are never far off.  But this year they are especially at your fingertips. Allow me to explain:


Throughout the year we are going to be very aggressively DECONSTRUCTING concepts like "normal," "respect," "education," "love," etc.   and understanding their  DIFFÉRANCE (not misspelled, I promise!)

We have in our hands a great opportunity to start anew.
My question for you ladies and gentlemen, is the following:

 "What are you going to make of this opportunity to start fresh?"  A new year is always fun at the start because of its possibilities, no?  It's always great to think of a blank page as everything it can become!   And I'm sure it's a perk to finally get out of our lazy streak and actually start doing something.  I'm sure many of you have suffered or are suffering from  the "I've-been-doing- nothing- for- so- long- I -might- as- well- do -something  syndrome."

Here's some food for thought:

For some of you the actual possibility of learning something new is EXCITING!
For some of you the possibility of learning something new was killed a million years ago somewhere in middle school where the teacher murdered your hopes and dreams for the future --or maybe your parents--  when they finally told you that the whole point of school is so you can GO TO A GOOD COLLEGE...  so that you can ... GET A JOB...

Well,  don't get me wrong.  Work is great if you love what you do.  If you have a mission–– a purpose.  I love what I do. Will you love what you do?

How many people spend life wondering if a job is all that there is to life?   Is it all about getting good grades so you can get a job so that you can retire when you're seventy-five years old and hunchback?

I'll let you guys know up front that my personal goals for you this year are the following:

I want YOU to be inspired that there's more to life than what you expect from it right now.
I want YOU to  dream big and be hungry for becoming a better person in all that you do.
I want YOU to realize that there's nothing stopping you from becoming who you want to become.

And then I want to give you some of the tools that I've learned along the way which will help you to get there.

So for  this first discussion.   Post in the comments your thoughts about your first day of class! Especially if you have any thoughts about where you want YOUR personal education to go. I don't care about people at large or where education "in general" should go.  I want you to make the question personal and to comment on what YOU want to learn and what YOU want out of life and this class.

All right gang!   Here we go!   Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment